Monday, April 14, 2014

Wonderland Collection

I have been so excited about this release and it took extra time to get it done, I wanted it to be perfect! Lewis Carroll's Wonderland has been an inspiration to artist, movie makers, and imaginations everywhere. Creating a collection of home decor pieces that would fit into any decor was my challenge and it all came together beautifully. From fun pieces to classic looks, you bring a part of Wonderland into your home easily!


The star piece and my personal favorite is 'Six Impossible Things'. One of my favorite parts of the story is when Alice tells herself to count those six impossible things she has discovered in Wonderland. This is represented in a four frame picture. The six impossible things are: 1. A potion that can make you small. This is found in the bottom left corner of the large frame. 2. A cake that can make you grow. You can see the cake on the opposite corner from the potion bottle in the large frame. 3. Animals can talk. I put a famous quote from the Cheshire cat in the middle frame on the right three set. 4. Cats can disappear. If you look closely you can see the cat's tail by the middle frame picture disappearing. 5. There's a place called Wonderland. For this I was a little stumped I admit. How do you put everything that is in Wonderland in one frame or piece? So I took the classic approach and created the top right picture with the large 'W' with 'Down the Rabbit Hole' saying below it. That saying tells you automatically a great adventure and world are on the way and brings to mind all the unique parts of Wonderland. 6. Alice can slay the Jabberwocky. This is shown in the bottom picture which is an artist drawing done in 1871.

The next piece takes a classic turn while still maintaining the fun world of Lewis Carroll. It features an excerpt from the Jabberwocky Poem,
"" 'Twas brillig,
and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogroves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

The Jabberwock,
with eyes aflame,
Jaws that bait and claws that catch,
Beware the Jabberwock, my son,
And the frumious Bandersnatch

He took his vorpal sword in hand
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack
HE left it dead, and with its head
Went galumphing back..."
-The Jabberwock

It is split into a four frame set with the poem taking up three frames and the third is featured with the slaying drawing also found in Six Impossible Things piece. Carroll's play with words always fascinates me and makes my tongue twist! I remember that in an interview about this poem he said that he wasn't even sure what some of the words mean. They have different meanings for different people but it is always agreed that the poem is one of his greatest achievements.

I have also released the entire poem in this piece. For those that want the entire poem hanging in their home it is set in a frame that accents the poem.




The next two pieces are fun and add an adventurous touch your home. The fun disappearing Cheshire cat is featured in this photo with his saying "Every Adventure Requires a First Step". This is the opposite of the Scary Cheshire. It's set in a concrete frame with the purple and blue swirl texture.


The next Cheshire cat adds a scary touch. This scary Cheshire cat is featured in blue with the quote "Every Adventure Requires a First Step". It is set in a concrete frame with the blue diamond texture. I wanted to feature both sides of the Cheshire cat that we all love. He's such a complex cat I couldn't just show one side of him.

Another fun addition to the collection is Late for Tea! Who doesn't remember the fun tea parties and that mad hare? Always made me giggle and I just love him to death so I HAD to add him into this collection. This piece features one of my favorite sayings from Alice in Wonderland. "Your all late for you Tea!" which in the latest movie after the mad hare screams it he throws a tea cup. In this piece the saying along with bunny ears features a tea cup and saucer being thrown out from the picture. It's a fun decoration to have in your home or kid's room.

Finally I decided that the Wonderland logo needed a frame of it's own. It ignites the imagination with that simple phrase and has such a classic look to it. It is set in a dark wood frame with the letters LC as a personal dedication to Lewis Carroll, the genius and creative writer behind everything.

I hope that you enjoy these pieces as much as I had in building them. I've wanted to do this collection ever since I started building in SL and I'm pleased that I am able to bring these pieces into your home! I will be releasing more pieces to add to this collection because just like Alice...I just can't stay away from Wonderland!! Take the shortcut at the top to head to Sadie's Designs on Marketplace and grab your favorites today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment