Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Zodiac Sign Series- An Inside Look

When I first designed the Zodiacs it was about a year ago. I created them on my computer unlike all my other designs. Usually I create my designs by hand using pencil and then sharpie color added later. Creating the Zodiacs were done for Ladylove in SL for her clothing line. When I began Sadie's Designs I had plenty of handmade designs that I put up for others to enjoy on marketplace, but I wanted to do something special. So I pulled out my zodiacs and began tweaking them.

When I designed them I read up on the zodiac astrology descriptions and tried to incorporate that into their design. For example, the Gemini can have two side to them, so I created the design with spikes on one side and smooth and curved on the other. To show that they can be stubborn, and harsh at times but also can be easy going and very loving.


Originally they were in black and white, so when it came to colors I tried to stick to the colors of the zodiac, but here my artistic license ran away with me on some. I wanted them to have color that would pop, would draw attention and would look great with any decor. Purpose being they would stand out but not "Omg could that be any more of an eye sore?".

What is left after it is all said and done is what you see in Marketplace and my Inworld store. Buying them individually for 25L or buying the whole Zodiac Pack for 250L will still get you the unique creations that you won't find anywhere else on SL or RL.


As with all my designs, there is no hidden purpose to them- they are there for others to enjoy. So take a look and see what you think! Any feedback is always welcome- just pass me a notecard in world.

~Sadie Roze~

No comments:

Post a Comment